Lunes, Disyembre 28, 2009

difficult people

This app in Facebook is almost always right on target.

On this day, God wants you to know...
... that difficult people are very important, - they teach you tolerance and acceptance. If all was going your way all the time, you would become a spoiled child, wouldn't everyone? Difficult people are just one of the ways God teaches us to expand beyond our egos and accept other perspectives on life.


For me, there's no such thing as an "easy" person. Everyone's difficult because each of us is unique-- different ways of thinking, backgrounds and views on life, personalities. It's always hard for me to adjust. I get uncomfortable when there's unfamiliar company. Plus when I'm with people, I tend to get the feeling that you have to entertain them. You have to talk about interesting things, you have to talk about yourself, you have to talk about the things you have in common-- you just have to Talk. You have to work and work and work to fill in the silence. Dead air is hell.

I do have friends and I've known them for years. These relationships are time tested and we've gone through a lot. I can count them in one hand though. Most of the people I know, I know that they're just passing through. I work with them, try my very best shot at small talk and that's it. Shallow connections. Why not make them deeper? I don't know. There's always something that prevents me from doing that. Maybe it's me, maybe it's them. Maybe the chemistry isn't right. I don't know. It's just difficult.

It sucks but I believe this is one of life's most important lesson-- tolerance and acceptance. It will be painful and it will take time. Everyone has a reason for doing the things they do, and I have to dig deeper to understand.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento